Monday, March 12, 2007

Who are you calling a virgin?

Who are you calling a virgin?
Sex surveys churn out the weirdest statistics, says Kathryn Flett
Sunday March 11, 2007 The Observer
Liar liar, control-pants on fire ... the recent news that 47 per cent of British middle-aged women report a 'tail-off in their sex drive' and that one in three women in their late forties and fifties 'doesn't think an active sex life is important' (the Times) had me thinking: can it really be as few as that?

I'm not one of those women for whom female-bonding inevitably involves discussing one's sex life over a cock(phwoaaar!)tail - I prefer a little sisterly mystery, to be honest, and the less I'm forced to think about my girlfriends' partners' private parts the better, frankly. But on the basis of practically no information whatsoever, backed up by a feel-it-in-my-waters sort of hunch, I'd guess there's an even higher percentage of British women d'un certain age who feel underwhelmed by the prospect of sex with their partners.